VIVO Hammered Stainless Steel 8-inch Bowl with Shagreen Handles, Navy
This striking contemporary bowl is made from gently hammered stainless steel, boldly accented at the handles with genuine dyed shagreen. Shagreen has been a luxurious decorative material for many centuries, though it's perhaps most closely associated with the Art Deco era. The name shagreen typically refers to the skin of stingrays or sharks, both of which are cartilaginous fish with a smoothly pebbled texture. It became a popular material in Europe when designers sought to fuse the French tradition of luxury with exotic and precious materials. Designers like Cleacute;ment Rousseau and Jean-Michael Frank used shagreen to create their most sumptuous furniture. Signifying luxury and exoticism, this unique material is once more in vogue. VIVO Studios features the design artistry of Diane Castellan who makes frequent use of luxurious shagreen and other exotic materials in her handbags, small leather goods and home accessories.
- 8-inch diameter serving bowl crafted of gently hammered, heavy guage stainless steel
- Handles accented with custom dyed natural shagreen
- Lends modern luxury to your table
- Designed by Diane Castellan of VIVO Studios
- 9.7 x 8 x 4 inches (LxWxH); food-safe, hand wash only
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.