Tree of Life in Electric Blue 12" Steel Drum Wall Art, Fair Trade, Handmade in Haiti
- Brilliant handcrafted metal wall art by Fair Trade makers in Haiti
- Crafted from repurposed steel drums; hand painted in eye-catching Caribbean colors
- Provides meaningful work for Haitian men and women seeking to use their skills to support their families
- Individually handmade with only slight variations
- Approximately 12 inches in diameter
Talented Haitian creators craft these delightful wall hangings from repurposed steel drums that they meticulously paint by hand in eye-catching colors. Purchasing their goods will grace your home with authentic Caribbean style and provide income for men and women working to support their families in the struggling Hispaniola nation.
The artwork is imported into the United States by Papillon, a member of the Fair Trade Federation. Papillon provides sustainable and fair work for Haitian mothers and fathers so they can support their children rather than relinquish them to orphanages. Their programs include paid training and employment in artisan handicrafts. They pay a living wage (enough for shelter, food, and education), which is generally 2-3 times higher than Haiti's minimum wage.
Papillon understands that buyers want their purchases to look like the photos they see online. They train their makers to practice consistency in the products they make. Every item is individually handmade, but you will find only slight variations in color, size, and design.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.