African Fair Trade Handwoven Lidded Warming Basket, Lemon Dipped
- Lidded round storage basket, handwoven in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Approximately 12 x 15 inches (DxH); individually handmade, so size, shape, and color may vary somewhat
- Provides authentic African style and beautiful storage options throughout the home
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
Wolof women in Senegalese villages work together to create beautiful, handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, they bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties. The baskets are imported in the United States by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation. They are committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.