African Fair Trade Handwoven Lidded Warming Basket, Lemon Dipped
- Lidded round storage basket, handwoven in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Approximately 12 x 15 inches (DxH); due to handcrafting, sizes will vary
- Provides beautiful storage options throughout the home; other colors available
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
A network of rural Wolof women in nine Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties.
Thanks to some attention from magazines like InStyle, Shape, and ELLE Decor, Swahili African Modern can continue developing new baskets with the Wolof ladies. Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, is committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.