Plays in Mud Pottery 8-inch Amphora Vase with Bamboo Pattern, Green/Blue
- Beautiful artisan pottery, handmade in North Carolina by Kelsey Schissel
- Graceful, elegant shape with a slender profile
- Painstakingly hand-stamped to create bamboo pattern; takes many hours to complete
- Approximately 3.5 x 8 inches (DxH); artist's imprint on base
- Individually handcrafted, so sizes, patterns, and colors may vary slightly
There's an air of mystery in all Plays in Mud Pottery. Inspiration from life, the spring cherry blossoms, or the curve of the Blue Ridge Mountain range can be seen in the undulating patterns and forms of each unique piece.
The Plays in Mud Collection is the work of ceramicist Kelsey Schissel. Kelsey earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in ceramics from the University of North Carolina at Asheville and has been making pots ever since. She began with simple surfaces, later experimenting with stamped designs, and eventually settling on cohesive patterns that encompass an entire vessel. Each piece tells a story as it springs from Kelsey's imagination onto the surface of her pots, resulting in objects that will occupy a special place in your home for years to come.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.