Mary Lake-Thompson Patriotic Chesapeake Bay Retriever with US Flag and Pillow Cotton Flour Sack Kitchen Towel
- Flour sack dish towel printed with artwork by Mary Lake-Thompson
- Designed and printed in the USA on 100% cotton towels from India or Egypt
- Provides nearly lint-free drying for dishes and glassware
- Generously sized at 30 x 30 inches, perfect for drying a sink full of dishes
- Artwork is positioned so that the entire image shows when towel is folded (artwork does not cover the entire towel)
- Machine wash cold, air or tumble dry low; iron on reverse side to refresh and preserve image
Vintage flour sack towels have remained the cook's favorite kitchen textile for well over a hundred years. Early adopters used salvaged fabric from old flour or grain sacks that they bleached, washed, and trimmed to size. Modern methods have facilitated mass production and beautiful graphics while maintaining the practicality of the originals. Nothing can beat the towels' absorbency, softness, and virtually lint-free performance, making them perfect for drying everything from everyday dishes to crystal stemware.
Mary Lake-Thompson studied art at the University of Colorado and the San Francisco Art Institute. She and her husband, Richard, met in the 70s and began a journey that took them from selling original prints at local art shows to becoming an iconic brand in kitchen gifts and textiles. The Mary Lake-Thompson Ltd. production studio is in the small town of Oroville, California, with Mary's daughter, Sara, at the helm. Sara continues the family tradition with her modern take on classic housewares called Montgomery Street Designs.
We Also Recommend
Poinsettia Holiday Chinoiserie 16" Square Hooked Wool Throw Pillow, Artwork by Sally Eckman Roberts
Floral Joy 17" Steel Drum Freestanding Decorative Sign, Fair Trade, Handmade in Haiti
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.