Mary Lake-Thompson Cat Willow Basket Cotton Flour Sack Dish Towel
- Kitchen towel with original artwork by Mary Lake-Thompson; bagged with care card, perfect for gifting
- Designed and printed in the USA on premium towel from India or Egypt
- 30 x 30 inches; printed area about 8 x 5 inches so that entire image shows when folded
- 100% cotton flour sack, unparalleled for lint-free drying; matching napkins also available
- Machine wash cold, no bleach, air or tumble dry low; iron on reverse side
Vintage flour sack towels have remained the cook's favorite kitchen textile for well over a hundred years. They were initially made using salvaged fabric from old flour or grain sacks which were bleached, washed, and trimmed to size. While modern methods have facilitated mass production and beautiful graphics, the practicality of the original flour sack towels remains. Nothing can beat their absorbency, softness, and virtually lint-free performance, making them perfect for drying everything from everyday dishes to crystal stemware.
Mary Lake-Thompson studied art at the University of Colorado and the San Francisco Art Institute. She and her husband, Richard, met in the 70s and began a journey that has taken them from selling original prints at local art shows to a nationally recognized brand. Mary Lake-Thompson, Ltd. has designed and produced soaps, aprons, bath products, drawer liners, sachets, napkins, hats, and of course, their signature flour sack towels. The company is located in Oroville, California and now employs about 50 people. Mary's daughter, Sara, continues the tradition through her own, modern take on classic housewares called Montgomery Street Designs.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.