Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Ceramic Wall Cross with Black Medallion
- Handcrafted pottery wall cross, made in the USA and signed by the artist
- Beautifully intricate patterns are created by pressing vintage lace into soft clay and then painting them by hand
- Laurie's sought-after pottery displays a mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail
- Approximately 9-1/2 x 6-3/4 inches
- Individually handcrafted, so expect slight variations and minor imperfections
Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi has worked with clay for well over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the items found on and in her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand-tatted lace. Her inspiration comes from the traditional needlecraft made by women in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Her vibrant palette reflects the colors and textures encountered in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain, and the rural Midwest.
Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil, and slab techniques, Laurie transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. She's known for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that incorporates bits of nostalgia while speaking to contemporary sensibilities.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.