John Hutson Pottery Sugar Skull Tumbler
- Handcrafted pottery from the studio of John Hutson near Taos, New Mexico
- 8 layers of underglaze are hand-carved to signature texture and layers of color
- Not just for drinks, try it as a votive holder, pencil cup or cachepot
- Due to handcrafting, variations and minor imperfections should be expected
- Approximately 3.9 x 3.75 inches (DxH), 12-ounce capacity; safe for microwave and dishwasher
John Hutson is a painter, potter, and folk artist raised in Texas and currently working just outside Taos, New Mexico. His unique style of pottery begins with stoneware clay using wheel-thrown and slab-built techniques. The pieces are coated with eight layers of colored glazing and then hand-carved to reveal the layers of color and create the unique texture which has become his signature style. Due to the dynamic nature of the glazing and carving process, every piece is unique, so variations should be expected and appreciated as confirmation of the artisan nature of the work. As with all handcrafted pottery, some variation in size and capacity should also be anticipated.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.