Grace Gunning Bunnies Copper Reliquary Box
After years of working primarily with glass, Grace Gunning found old 1890's metal forming machines and began to experiment with heavy gauge copper, hoping to learn to form a box. Working in her upstate New York studio along the banks of the Hudson, it took nearly a year for her to master the traditional metal crafting techniques of a bygone era, but her diligence and imagination eventually gave birth to these delightful decorative boxes. The colorful images are applied on genuine mother-of-pearl which gives them a dreamy quality. Adding to the enchantment, tiny faux pearls and glass balls are placed between the glass top and image such that when you tilt the lid, the mesmerizing illusion of effervescent bubbles appears. Picking up one of Grace's boxes brings a sense of unexpected nostalgia and childlike fascination that's sure to make them cherished collectibles.
- Handcrafted, heavy gauge copper treasure box by upstate New York artisan Grace Gunning
- Lid features a vintage image of rabbits on genuine mother-of-pearl, mounted under glass
- Faux pearls and glass balls roll between the glass and image to create a mesmerizing bubble effect
- Lined with velvet; bottom is signed and dated by the artist
- 6.4 x 5.2 x 1.5 inches (LxWxH); handmade in the USA