Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire Small Oval Basket, Each One Unique, Mocha
- Small oval bowl, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire by Fair Trade African artisans
- Beautiful patterns in shades of brown, copper, silver, and cream; each bowl is unique, and patterns will vary
- Perfect size for holding jewelry, paper clips and rubber bands, or wrapped candy
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm water and soap
- Approximately 5.75 x 4.25 x 1 inches (LxWxH); handmade in South Africa
Combining modern-day materials with traditional weaving techniques, talented Zulu makers living in rural South Africa create these beautiful baskets by hand. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a well-established and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase will grace your home with authentic African beauty while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
African Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 4-1/2" Small Triangle Basket, White Desert
African Fair Trade Shallow Round Nesting Baskets, Set of 3, Turquoise/Ivory/Orange
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.