Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 8" Round Pedestal Basket, Zig-Zag Swirl Pattern, African Eclipse (Black/White), Each One Unique
- Round pedestal basket, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire
- Crisp black and white, ideal for contemporary settings
- Approximately 8 x 3-1/2 inches; individually handcrafted, no two exactly alike
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm water and soap
- Handmade in South Africa, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
Talented Zulu makers in rural South Africa combine colorful telephone wire with traditional weaving techniques to create these beautiful collectible baskets. Each is individually crafted, and no two are exactly alike. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
The baskets are imported into the United States by Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase of a Bridge for Africa product will bring unique beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
African Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 4-1/2" Small Triangle Basket, White Desert
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.