Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 4-1/2" Round Bowl, African Spirit
- Small round basket, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire
- Dramatic patterns in brilliant shades of blue, yellow, orange, red, purple, green, and black
- Handmade in South Africa, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm water and soap
- Individually handcrafted, so variations should be expected; 4.5 x 2.2 inches (DxH)
Modern-day materials are blended with traditional weaving techniques to create these handcrafted baskets by talented Zulu makers living in rural South Africa. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
Please keep in mind that each basket is a unique creation. While the color palette will be consistent with the photos, the patterns will vary, and your basket may not exactly match the photos.
Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a well-established and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase of a Bridge for Africa product will bring a unique beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
African Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 4-1/2" Small Triangle Basket, White Desert
African Fair Trade Shallow Round Nesting Baskets, Set of 3, Turquoise/Ivory/Orange
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.