Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 12-inch Platter Basket, Silver Sea
Combining a modern-day material with traditional weaving techniques, talented Zulu makers living in rural South Africa craft these striking baskets completely by hand. This fusion of past and present enables more than 500 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a well-established and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase of a Bridge for Africa product will bring unique beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
- Low round basket, meticulously hand woven with sturdy telephone wire
- Beautiful patterns in light and airy shades of copper, silver, ivory, and gray
- Handmade in South Africa, providing work for more than 500 Zulu families
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm water and soap
- Individually handcrafted, so some variations should be expected; 12" x 2.25" (DxH)
We Also Recommend