Fair Trade Zulu 3-1/2-inch Handwoven Catch-All Caddy/Wine Bottle Coaster, African Eclipse, Intricate Pattern
- Small, straight-sided basket, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire
- Crisp black and white palette, ideal for contemporary settings
- Use as a wine bottle coaster (up to 3-inch bottle) or as a catch-all caddy; hand wash
- Approximately 3-1/2 x 1-5/8 inches (DxH); individually handcrafted, patterns may vary from photos
- Handmade in South Africa by Fair Trade artisans, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
Combining a modern-day material with traditional weaving techniques, talented Zulu makers living in rural South Africa create these beautiful baskets by hand. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
The baskets are imported by Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artists a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase will bring authentic African beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.