Dock 6 Pottery Handmade Pinched Rim Bowl with Fused Glass, Green/Copper, Large
- Beautifully rustic pottery from the studio of Kerry Brooks; handmade in the USA
- Lead-free; lined with fused glass resembling cracked ice or natural geodes
- Primarily decorative, but can be used with dry, non-staining foods; hand wash, avoid immersing
- Each bowl is unique; variations in size, color, and texture should be expected
- Approximately 12 x 4 inches (DxH); other colors and sizes available
These stunning bowls have an organic quality that's dramatically enhanced by the crackled fused glass which lines the bottoms. The sparkling crystallization and multicolored highlights mimic natural gemstones created by nature's forces, and the spontaneity of the process means each piece has a unique personality.
Kerry Brooks has been a potter since 1988, learning her craft in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and now working from her studio near Minneapolis. She creates primarily wheel-thrown, high-fired stoneware. Pieces without fused glass are functional, while those with glass, such as these bowls, are mainly decorative, though they can be used with dry, non-staining foods and hand washed. The style of Dock 6 Pottery is rustic and earthy, with noticeable variations from piece to piece. The glazes have an aged and weathered appearance. If you're seeking a look that's beautifully spontaneous and raw, Dock 6 is a perfect choice. If your preference is for pottery that's precisely finished, refined, and consistent, then Dock 6 may not be the look you're seeking.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.