Bridge for Africa Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 6.5-inch Square Bowl, Each One Unique, Silver Sea
- Small square basket, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire; each one unique
- Neutral shades of copper, silver, ivory, and gray; patterns will vary from photos
- 6.5 x 6.5 x 2.5 inches (LxWxH); due to handcrafting, sizes will vary slightly
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm water and soap
- Handmade in South Africa, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
Combining modern-day material with traditional weaving techniques, talented Zulu makers living in rural South Africa create these beautiful baskets by hand. Each one is unique and reflects the vibrancy of African culture. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a well-established and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase of a Bridge for Africa product will bring enduring beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
African Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 4-1/2" Small Triangle Basket, White Desert
African Fair Trade Shallow Round Nesting Baskets, Set of 3, Turquoise/Ivory/Orange
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.