Anthony Stoneware Slab-Built 8-inch Petal Rim Bowl
- Slab-built pottery bowl, handmade in North Carolina
- Lead-free, food-safe, perfect for baking and serving
- Approximately 8 x 4 inches (DxH); sizes will vary somewhat
- Available in a selection of glazes
- Studio imprint on base; handmade in the USA
These distinctive handmade bowls are slab-built with overlapping slices of clay reminiscent of the petals of a flower. The pottery is oven-safe, so it's ideal for baking and serving a deep-dish casserole or any side dish. Displayed alone, it makes an intriguing accent piece for an end table or shelf.
Anthony Stoneware is the pottery of Paul Anthony and Tim Jaqua who work from their studio in Western North Carolina using traditional techniques of wheel-throwing and slab construction. Not only do they mix their own glazes, but the pottery is fired in a gas-fired kiln that they designed and built themselves. Carved and sculpted rims are prevalent and have become the signature design element of their work. Please keep in mind that glaze colors and textures can vary, so yours may resemble but not match the photos.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.