African Wild Olive Wood Casserole Server Scoop, Hand Carved in Kenya by Fair Trade Artisans
- Naturally beautiful and functional casserole server, hand carved in Kenya from wild olive wood
- Designed to slice through soft foods and easily scoop generous portions of your favorite casseroles
- Approximately 14-1/2 x 3 inches (LxW); woodgrain and sizes will vary
- Hand wash and occasionally rub with oil to maintain finish
- Imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation
East Africa is home to exotic woods like wild olive, mpingo, and jacaranda, and Kenya's skilled carvers work together in cooperatives to legally harvest forest resources. This unique casserole server combines the functions of a spatula and scoop. The left edge is tapered and thin enough to slice through many softer foods, and the gently curved tip adds plenty of scooping power.
To preserve the natural beauty of the wood, hand wash the utensils in warm water, dry them promptly, and apply an occasional coating of mineral or other fine-quality wood oil. Wood grains and colors vary by nature, so your set will resemble, but not match the photos. This authentic African handicraft is imported into the United States by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.