African Olive Wood Salad Serving Set with Spiral Handles, Hand Carved in Kenya by Fair Trade Artisans
- Lovely 2-piece salad serving set, hand carved in Kenya from wild olive wood
- Spiral handles make for a comfortable and secure grip
- Approximately 11-12 inches long; wood grain and sizes will vary
- Hand wash and occasionally rub with oil to maintain finish
- Imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation
East Africa is home to exotic woods like wild olive, mpingo, and jacaranda, and Kenya's skilled carvers work together in cooperatives to legally harvest forest resources. This lovely salad serving set is crafted with spiral-shaped handles that provide a secure grip and visual interest. You'll love the way they feel when tossing a big bowl full of beautiful greens.
To preserve the natural beauty of the wood, hand wash the utensils in warm water, dry them promptly, and apply an occasional coating of mineral or other fine-quality wood oil. Wood grains and colors vary by nature, so your set will resemble, but not match the photos. This authentic African handicraft is imported into the United States by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
Mary Lake-Thompson Patriotic Chesapeake Bay Retriever with US Flag and Pillow Cotton Flour Sack Kitchen Towel
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.