African Fair Trade Round Basket, Cream with Black Dots
- Round grain basket, handwoven by Fair Trade artisans in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Approximately 12 x 2-1/2 inches (DxH); sizes will vary somewhat and are not guaranteed
- Will add authentic African style to your home; ideal as a centerpiece bowl, bread basket, wall hanging, or shelf display
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
- Individually handmade, so expect slight variations and imperfections
In the West African nation of Senegal, Wolof women create baskets using natural grasses and strips of recycled plastic. This blend of sustainable natural fibers with modern materials and traditional weaving skills allows them to earn supplemental income while sharing their authentic African style with homes worldwide. The baskets are imported into the United States by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation.
We Also Recommend
African Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 4-1/2" Small Triangle Basket, White Desert
African Fair Trade Shallow Round Nesting Baskets, Set of 3, Turquoise/Ivory/Orange
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.