African Fair Trade Handwoven Zigzag Oval Nesting Baskets, Silver/White, Set of 3
- Set of 3 oval nesting baskets, handwoven in Senegal with a zigzag pattern
- Made from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Approximate dimensions: Large 17 x 15 x 10.5 inches, medium 14.5 x 13 x 8 inches, small 11.5 x 10.5 x 6 inches
- Medium and large baskets have handle cutouts
- Individually handmade, so sizes, shapes, and patterns may vary somewhat from photos
In the West African nation of Senegal, Wolof women create distinctive baskets using strips of plastic recycled from prayer mats and rugs or purchased new from a Dakar mat factory. Merging modern materials and traditional weaving skills with local sustainable natural fibers allows them to comfortably earn supplemental income while sharing their chic modern creations with homes around the world. The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.