African Fair Trade Handwoven Warming Basket, White with Rainbow Spiral
- Lidded round warming basket, handwoven in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Approximately 13 x 13 inches (DxH), 7 inches high without lid; sizes will vary and are not guaranteed
- Provides beautiful storage throughout your home; other colors and patterns also available
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
A network of rural Wolof women in nine Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties. The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, an organization committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.