African Fair Trade Handwoven Warming Basket, White with Multicolor Squares
- Lidded round warming basket, handwoven by Fair Trade artisans in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Approximately 14 x 14 inches (DxH), 8 inches high without lid; sizes will vary and are not guaranteed
- Provides authentic African style and storage anywhere in your home
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
A network of rural Wolof women in nine Senegalese villages work together to create beautifully handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic originally used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties. The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, an organization committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.