African Fair Trade Handwoven Warming Basket, Cream with Black Dots
- Lidded round warming basket, handwoven by Fair Trade artisans in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Approximately 12 x 12 inches (DxH), 7-1/2 inches high without lid; sizes will vary and are not guaranteed
- Provides authentic African style and storage anywhere in your home
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
A network of rural Wolof women in nine Senegalese villages work together to create beautifully handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic originally used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties. The baskets are imported into the United States by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, an organization committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
Poinsettia Holiday Chinoiserie 16" Square Hooked Wool Throw Pillow, Artwork by Sally Eckman Roberts
Floral Joy 17" Steel Drum Freestanding Decorative Sign, Fair Trade, Handmade in Haiti
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.