African Fair Trade Handwoven Tagine Basket, Black
- Lidded tagine shaped basket, handwoven by Fair Trade artisans in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Approximately 14 x 11 inches (DxH), base is about 4 inches high without lid; individually handmade, so sizes will vary and are not guaranteed
- Brings authentic African style and storage to any room in your home
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
A network of rural Wolof women in Senegalese villages work together to create beautifully handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties. The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, an organization committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.