African Fair Trade Handwoven Striped Oval Knitting Basket, Silver/White
Wolof women in rural Senegal craft beautiful baskets from cattail stalks and long strips of plastic salvaged from a mat production factory in Dakar. These large oval baskets will hold a substantial supply of yarn or use them for towels, blankets, or magazines. Their practicality and good looks make them suitable for any room in your home.
The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
- Oval basket, handwoven in Senegal by Wolof women providing supplemental income for their families
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Approximately 17 x 15 x 10 inches (LxWxH); sizes will vary
- Provides beautiful storage options throughout the home; other colors available
- Imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.