African Fair Trade Handwoven Lidded Warming Basket, White
- Lidded round storage basket, handwoven in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
- Will bring authentic African style to your home, as well as a practical storage solution
- Approximately 12 x 13 inches (DxH), 7 inches high without lid; individually handmade, so sizes are approximate and will vary
A network of rural Wolof women in Senegalese villages work together to create beautiful, handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties.
The baskets are imported into the United States by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation. They are committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.