African Fair Trade Handwoven Gourd Basket, Cream with Black Dots
- Lidded basket, handwoven by Fair Trade artisans in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Approximately 8-1/2 x 11-1/2 inches (DxH); sizes will vary and are not guaranteed
- Adds authentic African style and useful storage anywhere in your home
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
- Individually handmade, so expect slight variations and imperfections
In the West African nation of Senegal, Wolof women create baskets using natural grasses and strips of recycled plastic. This blend of sustainable natural fibers with modern materials and traditional weaving skills allows them to earn supplemental income while sharing their authentic African style with homes worldwide. The baskets are imported into the United States by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation.
We Also Recommend
African Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 4-1/2" Small Triangle Basket, White Desert
African Fair Trade Shallow Round Nesting Baskets, Set of 3, Turquoise/Ivory/Orange
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.