African Fair Trade Handwoven 12-inch Table Basket, Blue
- Deep, round basket is perfect for decorating and storage
- Handwoven in Senegal using cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Approximately 12 x 6 inches (DxH), due to handcrafting, sizes will vary somewhat
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income; minor imperfections should be expected
- Imported by Swahili Imports, a member of the Fair Trade Federation
A network of rural Wolof women in nine Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties. The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, an organization committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.