African Fair Trade Handwoven Small Lidded Basket, Silver/Aqua/White
- Lidded basket, handwoven in Senegal, brings authentic African style to your home
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Approximately 9 x 8 inches (DxH); due to handcrafting, sizes will vary somewhat
- A beautiful and practical accent piece for any room in your home
- Created by Wolof women using their skills to help support their families
A network of rural Wolof women in Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties.
Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, is committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.