African Fair Trade Hand Woven Lidded Basket, Silver and Aqua
A network of rural Wolof women in Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties.
Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, is committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
- Lidded round storage basket, handwoven in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
- Provides beautiful storage options throughout the home
- Approximately 9 x 8 inches (DxH); due to handcrafting, sizes will vary somewhat
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.