African Fair Trade Flowers Hand Woven Lidded Basket, Black/White
A network of rural Wolof women in Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties.
- Lidded round storage basket, hand woven in Senegal
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
- Provides beautiful storage options throughout the home
- 10 x 9 inches (DxH); due to handcrafting, sizes will vary somewhat
We Also Recommend
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.