Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Small Three Button Baking Dish SP42-3
- Small rectangular baking dish, handcrafted in the USA by Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi
- Laurie's pottery displays a mastery of glaze patterning and attention to detail
- Lead-free, food-safe; suitable for oven (with preheating), microwave, and dishwasher
- Individually handcrafted, so minor variations and imperfections should be expected
- Overall size 9 x 6-3/8 x 2.5 inches, interior 6-1/2 x 5-1/2 x 1-12 inches
Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi has worked with clay for well over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the items found on and in her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand-tatted lace. Her work is inspired by the traditional needlecrafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century, and her richly vibrant palette reflects the colors and textures encountered in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain, and the rural Midwest.
Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil, and slab techniques, Laurie transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. She is recognized for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that incorporates bits of nostalgia while speaking to contemporary sensibilities.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.