Designer Baskets by Derek Small Grapevine Handle Basket, Aqua/Lime
For over a quarter of a century, Designer Baskets have been valued for their extraordinary design and craftsmanship. Their creator, Derek Downing, began making his unique baskets while in high school, and over the subsequent years has elevated his craft to an art form. His designs are based on the traditional egg basket form with a hint of contemporary flair. Most are crafted of grapevine, hand-dyed rattan and sea grass. The basket handles, forged from grapevine, allow the tendrils to dictate the basket's overall shape. The color palettes are frequently inspired by trends in fashion and home furnishings, and most colors are produced from commercial textile dyes, many of which Derek creates himself. Once completed, each basket is signed and dated by the artist.
- Meticulously handcrafted by Derek Downing from grapevine, sea grass and rattan
- Colorful accents created with custom dyes
- Traditional egg basket shape with contemporary flair
- Due to handcrafting and natural materials, some variations should be expected
- Approximately 9 x 9 x 10 inches (LxWxH); made in the USA, signed by the artist