Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 12-inch Platter Basket, African Spirit
- Low round basket, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire
- Dramatic patterns in brilliant shades of blue, yellow, orange, red, purple, green and black
- Individually handcrafted, so some variations should be expected; approximately 12 x 2.25 inches (DxH)
- Can be used with dry foods and hand washed with warm, soapy water
- Handmade in South Africa, providing work for more than 500 Zulu families
Combining a modern-day material with traditional weaving techniques, talented Zulu makers in rural South Africa create these beautiful baskets in an array of bold colors and patterns. This fusion of past and present enables more than 500 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a well-established and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase of a Bridge for Africa product will bring unique beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.