Zebra Stripes Heart 3-inch Soapstone Paperweight, Handmade in Kenya
- Natural soapstone heart, hand carved in Kenya
- Painted with non-toxic dye; natural veining of the stone shows through
- Individually handcrafted, expect minor variations and imperfections
- Soft surface is soothing and relaxing to hold
- Approximately 3 x 3 x 1/2 inches
Kenyan artisans hand carve these zebra-inspired paperweights from soft Kisii stone, commonly called soapstone. They paint them with a non-toxic dye and allow the natural veining to show through. Kisii stone is named for the region in Kenya's Western Highlands where it's mined. The stone has a velvety surface that makes it pleasing to hold, and it's a favored medium of African makers.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.