Mary Lake-Thompson Lavender Chair Towel and Lavender Lemon Scone Mix Gift Set
- Delightful gift set includes a flour sack towel by Mary Lake-Thompson packaged with Lavender Lemon Scone Mix
- Designed and printed in the USA on 100% cotton towel from India or Egypt; provides nearly lint-free drying for dishes and glassware
- Towel is 30 x 30 inches; printed area is 9 x 5-1/2 inches and positioned so that entire image shows when towel is folded
- Machine wash cold, gentle cycle, no bleach, air or tumble dry, no heat; iron on reverse side
- Just add whipping cream to dry mix to make scrumptious Lavender Lemon Scones
Vintage flour sack towels have remained the cook's favorite kitchen textile for well over a hundred years. Early adopters used salvaged fabric from old flour or grain sacks which they bleached, washed and trimmed to size. Modern methods have facilitated mass production and beautiful graphics while maintaining the practicality of the originals. Nothing can beat the towels' absorbency, softness, and virtually lint-free performance, making them perfect for drying everything from everyday dishes to crystal stemware.
Mary Lake-Thompson studied art at the University of Colorado and the San Francisco Art Institute. She and her husband, Richard, met in the 70s and began a journey that has taken them from selling original prints at local art shows to a nationally recognized brand. Her namesake company has designed and produced soaps, aprons, bath products, drawer liners, sachets, napkins, hats, and, of course, her signature flour sack towels. The production studio is located in Oroville, California, and employs about 50 people. Mary's daughter, Sara, continues the tradition with her modern take on classic housewares called Montgomery Street.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.