Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 9-inch Shallow Basket, Intricate Swirl Pattern, African Eclipse
- Shallow basket, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire by African artisans
- Crisp black and white palette, ideal for contemporary settings
- Approximately 9 x 1-1/2 inches (DxH); individually handcrafted, each one will vary
- For decorative use or with dry foods; hand wash in warm, soapy water
- Handmade in South Africa by Fair Trade artisans, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
Combining a modern-day material with traditional weaving techniques, Zulu makers in rural South Africa create these eye-catching baskets in an exciting array of colors and patterns. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency. Every basket is individually handmade and unique. Yours will resemble but not precisely match the samples shown in the photos.
Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a well-established and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artist partners a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase of a Bridge for Africa product will bring unique beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
Wild Olive Wood Spreader with Bone Handle, Handmade in Kenya, Random Patterns, Each One Unique
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.