Fair Trade 4-1/4-inch Triangle Handwoven Zulu Wire Basket, African Eclipse
- Small, triangular basket, meticulously handwoven with sturdy telephone wire by African artisans
- Crisp black and white palette, ideal for contemporary settings; select your preferred pattern from available options
- Approximately 4-1/4 x 4-1/4 x 2 inches (LxWxH); each basket is unique, expect your pattern choice to resemble but not exactly match the photos
- Use as a desk caddy for paper clips or rubber bands or for rings and other jewelry; can be used with dry foods, hand wash in warm, soapy water
- Handmade in South Africa by Fair Trade artisans, providing work for more than 700 Zulu families
Combining a modern-day material with traditional weaving techniques, talented Zulu makers living in rural South Africa create these beautiful baskets by hand. This fusion of past and present enables more than 700 Zulu families to gain the dignity of work and self-sufficiency.
The baskets are imported by Bridge for Africa, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and respected provider of fine contemporary crafts to the American market. They pay their artists a living wage, promote sustainable development in Africa, and educate consumers in the U.S. about the benefits of Fair Trade as a method to fight poverty in the developing world. Your purchase will bring authentic African beauty to your home while advancing hope for future generations of African artisans.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.