The Painted Bird by Richard Morgan Carved Sandpiper Figurine, Tail Up
- Collectible bird figurine, hand carved by Connecticut artist Richard Morgan
- Inspired by early American hunting decoys
- Hand-painted and mounted on a naturally distressed wooden base
- Individually handcrafted, so some variations and imperfections should be anticipated
- Approximately 4 x 2.2 x 5.3 (LxWxH); handmade in the USA, signed by the artist
The Painted Bird is the work of Woodbury, Connecticut artist Richard Morgan. Utilizing his knowledge and love of antiques, he has developed an extensive line of beautiful shorebird figurines patterned after early American hunting decoys. His birds are entirely handmade of native woods and painted by hand to resemble the aged patina of the originals. As authentic reproductions, they've become sought-after collectibles which will bring simple, timeless beauty to your home. Please keep in mind that due to handcrafting and the use of natural materials, no two birds are exactly alike. Minor imperfections should be expected, and the wood bases will have a weathered distressed look which includes cracks, chips, and other variations.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.