PotTerre Raku Pottery Turkey Candle Lantern
- Turkey-shaped tealight lantern rendered in sculpted Raku pottery
- Raku technique yields dynamic flashes of color which make every piece unique
- Holes near base of tail feathers allow candle to illuminate the beauty of the Raku palette
- Use with a tealight, or to avoid heat buildup, use a battery-powered tealight or votive
- Approximately 3.5 x 4 x 4 inches; made in the USA and signed by the artist
PotTerre is the work of Colorado artist Terre Christensen who specializes in Raku pottery. Raku is an ancient glazing process which renders pieces bathed in flashes of blue, purple, and red in a fiery field of shiny copper. Terre's new turkey candle lanterns are designed with discrete holes near the base of the tail feathers allowing the warm glow of candlelight to enhance the beauty of the Raku palette. Every piece is handcrafted and reflects the artist's inspiration of the moment and the volatility of the Raku process. Your turkey will resemble but not exactly match the photos.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.