Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Daisy in Red 11.5-inch Bowl
Ceramic artist Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi has worked with clay for over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the items found on and in her grandmother?s dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand tatted lace. Her pottery is inspired by the traditional needle crafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century. Influenced by the colors and textures found in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain and the rural Midwest, her palate is lush and vibrant. Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil and slab techniques she transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi is perhaps most notably collected for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that speaks to contemporary sensibilities with bits of nostalgia woven into each piece. The Daisy in Red makes a dramatic centerpiece bowl, and with the integrated loop, can also be hung on the wall. Food-safe glazing means the bowl is also functional as a stunning serving piece for your dining room table.
- Dramatic and functional, handcrafted in the USA; signed by the artist
- Vintage patterns and textures updated with contemporary flair
- Food-safe glaze; dishwasher safe, but hand washing recommended
- Each is a one-of-a-kind creation, so variations should be expected
- 11.5 x 3.2 inches (sizes are approximate); integrated loop for wall hanging
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.