Montgomery Street Bunny Rabbit with Egg Cotton Flour Sack Dish Towel
- Kitchen towel featuring artwork by Sara Thompson; designed and printed in the USA on premium fabric from India
- Made of 100% hand-loomed cotton flour sack, unparalleled for lint-free, spotless drying of dishes and glassware
- Generously sized at 30 x 30 inches, perfect for drying a sink full of dishes; quality craftsmanship with hemmed edges and mitered corners
- Artwork is positioned so that the image shows when towel is folded (artwork does not cover entire towel)
- Machine wash cold, air or tumble dry low; iron on reverse side to refresh and preserve image
Vintage flour sack towels have remained the cook's favorite kitchen textile for well over a hundred years. Early adopters used salvaged fabric from old flour or grain sacks that they bleached, washed, and trimmed to size. Modern methods have facilitated mass production and beautiful graphics while maintaining the practicality of the originals. Nothing can beat the towels' absorbency, softness, and virtually lint-free performance, making them perfect for drying everything from everyday dishes to crystal stemware.
Mary Lake-Thompson studied art at the University of Colorado and the San Francisco Art Institute. She and her husband, Richard, met in the 70s and began a journey that took them from selling original prints at local art shows to becoming an iconic brand in kitchen gifts and textiles. The Mary Lake-Thompson Ltd. production studio is in the small town of Oroville, California, with Mary's daughter, Sara, at the helm. Sara continues the family tradition with her modern take on classic housewares called Montgomery Street Designs.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.