Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Lina's Petals Handcrafted American Pottery Tray
- Uniquely elegant, handcrafted pottery tray, made in the USA and signed by the artist
- Patterns created by embossing soft clay with antique lace; meticulously hand-painted
- 16.5 x 6.7 x 1.5 inches (LxWxH); integrated hanging loop for wall display
- Lead-free, food-safe; dishwasher-safe, but hand washing recommended
- Individually handcrafted, so minor variations and imperfections should be expected
Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi has worked with clay for over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the items found on and in her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand-tatted lace. Her work is inspired by the traditional needlecrafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century, and her richly vibrant palette reflects the colors and textures encountered in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain, and the rural Midwest.
Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil, and slab techniques, Laurie transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. She is perhaps most notably recognized for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that incorporates bits of nostalgia while speaking to contemporary sensibilities.
We Also Recommend
Cori's Kaleidoscope 12" Round Bowl by Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi, Handmade American Pottery
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.