Laurie Pollpeter Eskenazi Small Heart with Arrow, Little Jester
- Ceramic heart, designed and handcrafted in the USA and signed by the artist
- Displays mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail
- Embossed with vintage lace patterns, updated with contemporary flair
- Arrow is made from Mississippi River driftwood; direction may vary from right to left
- Approximately 9.5 x 2 x 7 inches (WxDxH); integrated hanging
Laurie Pollpeter Eskanazi's hearts are among her most collected pieces. A wall display with at least three designs will make a stunning statement in your home. The patterns are created by pressing vintage lace into soft clay, and this version is accented with an arrow constructed with driftwood collected from the Mississippi River, adding a bit of rustic charm.
Laurie has worked with clay for over 25 years. As a little girl, she was fascinated with the items found on and in her grandmother's dresser, including old button boxes, crazy quilts, and hand-tatted lace. Her work is inspired by the traditional needlecrafts made by women in the 19th and early 20th century, and her richly vibrant palette reflects the colors and textures encountered in her travels throughout France, Italy, Spain, and the rural Midwest.
Using a combination of wheel throwing, coil, and slab techniques, Laurie transforms vintage designs into contemporary stoneware. She is perhaps most notably recognized for her mastery of glaze patterning and critical attention to detail. Her work possesses a feminine, playful touch that incorporates bits of nostalgia while speaking to contemporary sensibilities.
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.