African Fair Trade 13-inch Handwoven Open Hamper Basket, Aqua/White
- Open hamper basket, handwoven in Senegal, brings authentic African style to your home
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of recycled plastic
- Approximately 12 x 13 inches (DxH); due to handcrafting, sizes will vary somewhat
- Use as a hamper, magazine bin, or trash receptacle
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
A network of rural Wolof women in nine Senegalese villages are working together to create beautiful handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties. The baskets are imported by Swahili Imports, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, an organization committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
African Fair Trade Zulu Telephone Wire 4-1/2" Small Triangle Basket, White Desert
Save $ 4.95
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.