Minkler Pottery Footed Mug, Yellow/Blue
From his Colorado studio, John Minkler creates pottery characterized by elegant lines, defined blocks of color and meticulous craftsmanship. All his work begins on the potter's wheel but is later altered to create ovals, rectangles and squares. He particularly enjoys the challenge of making objects that are not round yet still reflect the use of the wheel. Once the shapes are created, great care is taken in adding handles, lids and spouts which flow naturally from the lines of the vessel. Matte glazes add warmth and richness to the finished product. While not overly fussy, John's work demonstrates a fastidiousness that results in a clean, refined appearance. Even the bottoms are glazed for a sense of completeness. All Minkler Pottery is completely handmade, so some slight variations should be expected.
- Stoneware pottery, meticuously handmade by John Minkler in his Colorado studio
- Footed design is accented with bold color blocking and a gracefully curved handle
- Lead-free, food-safe glaze with matte finish; 10-ounce capacity (may vary slightly)
- Individually handcrafted, so variations and minor imperfections should be expected
- Approximately 4.75 x 3.5 x 4.5 inches (LxWxH); microwave and dishwasher-safe
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.