African Fair Trade Small Handwoven Lidded Basket, Yellow with White Blossoms
- Lidded basket, handwoven in Senegal, brings authentic African style to your home
- Sturdy construction from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Approximately 10 x 9 inches (DxH); due to handcrafting, sizes will vary
- Provides decorative storage anywhere in your home
- Created by Wolof women using their skills to help support their families
A network of rural Wolof women in nine Senegalese villages work together to create beautifully handcrafted baskets for export. Using locally harvested cattail stalks and strips of plastic originally used to make prayer mats, the women bring supplemental income to their households by weaving baskets between their daily duties. The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation, an organization committed to providing fair wages to their artisan workers and creating products from sustainable materials.
We Also Recommend
Mary Lake-Thompson Patriotic Chocolate Lab with US Flag and Pillow Cotton Flour Sack Kitchen Towel
Save $ 2.49
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.