VIVO Women's Bea Wallet, Cadet Leather and Navy Shagreen
- Handcrafted of luxurious leather and exotic dyed shagreen
- Fully leather lined and embossed with the VIVO logo; hidden magnetic closure
- Meticulously stitched and edged; 12 card slots; 1 open pocket
- Designed by Diane Castellan of VIVO Studios
- 8.5 x 4.9 x 0.7 inches (LxWxH), size may vary slightly; made in Thailand
VIVO's luxurious Bea wallet is handmade from butter soft full-grain leather and genuine dyed shagreen, creating a look that reflects both glamor and classic good taste.
Shagreen has been prized as an exclusive decorative material for many centuries, though it's perhaps most closely associated with the Art Deco era. The name shagreen typically refers to the skin of stingrays or sharks, both of which are cartilaginous fish with a smoothly pebbled texture. It became a popular material in Europe when designers sought to fuse the French tradition of luxury with exotic and precious materials. Designers like Clément Rousseau and Jean-Michael Frank used shagreen to create their most sumptuous furniture.
Signifying luxury and exoticism, this unique material is once more in vogue. VIVO Studios features the design artistry of Diane Castellan who makes frequent use of luxurious shagreen and other exotic materials in her handbags, small leather goods, and home accessories.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.