VIVO Men's Genuine Shagreen Billfold Wallet, Black
This high-fashion men's billfold with luxe appeal is handmade from genuine dyed shagreen with a coordinated leather interior. Shagreen has been a luxurious decorative material for many centuries, though it's perhaps most closely associated with the Art Deco era. The name shagreen typically refers to the skin of stingrays or sharks, both of which are cartilaginous fish with a smoothly pebbled texture. It became a popular material in Europe when designers sought to fuse the French tradition of luxury with exotic and precious materials. Designers like Cleacute;ment Rousseau and Jean-Michael Frank used shagreen to create their most sumptuous furniture. Signifying luxury and exoticism, this unique material is once more in vogue. VIVO Studios features the design artistry of Diane Castellan who makes frequent use of luxurious shagreen and other exotic materials in her handbags, small leather goods and home accessories.
- Billfold style wallet meticulously handcrafted with a genuine shagreen exterior
- Leather interior embossed with the studio logo
- Single currency compartment; 6 card slots, 2 pocket sleeves
- Due to natural materials, may vary somewhat from photos
- 4.4 x 3.5 inches; made in Thailand