African Fair Trade Handwoven Striped Oval Prayer Mat Baskets, Blue, Set of 3
In the West African nation of Senegal, Wolof women create distinctive baskets using strips of plastic recycled from prayer mats and rugs or purchased new from a Dakar mat factory. Merging modern materials and traditional weaving skills with local sustainable natural fibers allows them to comfortably earn supplemental income while sharing their chic modern creations with homes around the world. The baskets are imported by Swahili African Modern, a member of the Fair Trade Federation.
- Set of 3 oval baskets, handwoven in Senegal
- Made from cattail stalks and strips of colorful recycled plastic
- Created by Wolof women using their skills for supplemental income
- Large 16 x 13 x 4 inches, medium 14 x 11 x 3 inches, small 12 x 9.5 x 2.5 inches
- Sizes are approximate; minor variations and imperfections should be expected
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.